Hi there, I'm Fran!
A Chilean who calls Washington state home, I first learned to quilt while pregnant with my oldest in 2014. However, it wasn't until 2018 when I encountered the modern quilting movement that I was hooked.
Before starting Cotton and Joy I worked 8 years as a web designer. I originally created this space as a way to share my quilty adventures, but the designer in me couldn't help to create my own patterns.
I love pattern design and contributing to the long tradition of quilting. My aim is to create a fast-finishes that anyone, from inexperienced beginners to long-time quilters, can enjoy making.
- - I have lived in 3 different countries (Chile, US, Germany), and 3 different states (MI, WA, TX) for a total of 14 homes.
- - I am University of Washington Husky twice over with a Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy and a Master in Library and Information Sciences.
- - My favorite authors include Jodi Picoult, Leigh Bardugo, and Sarah J. Maas.
- - I can't start my day without a cut of hot tea and I live for a good taco
- - Florence and the Machine, Death Cab for Cutie, and Hozier are by far my most played bands on my phone